The Bereavement Support Network exists to promote the well-being of any English speaking residents in France who are bereaved, and to enable them to understand their grief and cope with their loss.
It also helps the terminally ill and their carers.
The Bereavement Support Network is a secular organisation, completely independent of any other group providing similar welfare care. However, we do liaise with other organisations where appropriate or when asked by a client.
Although the service is strictly confidential, there are certain limits to confidentiality, as required under law.The Bereavement Support Network is a registered association for the Support of the Bereaved No. W831001805, under the Law of 1901.
- To offer bereaved people the benefit of individual sessions, telephone contact, group and social support, advice, information and literature.
- To support terminally ill people and their carers with the same assistance as the bereaved.
- To provide training, supervision, support and information to those volunteering their time for bereaved people and the terminally ill.
- To extend awareness of the needs of bereaved people and the terminally ill to community organisations.
- To utilise the skills of specialists in other welfare organisations.
BSN/General/Mission Statement - Last Edited February 2017